In the third grade, Suncerae Smith won first place in a short story contest by ripping off The Time Machine. Now a PhD chemist and science enthusiast, Suncerae believes in the power of science fiction and fantasy to inspire a love of learning through imagination and possibility. In addition to reviewing books, she is an editor at Rust+Moth, a poetry journal.
My 5 Star Rating Scale
- 5 stars – A magical story that I could not put down. A book that inspires an awe and wonder that I hope is universal.
- 4 stars – An exceptionally well-written and alluring story well worth your time. A fantastic addition to any collection.
- 3 stars – A charming (often fun and light) story well worth your time, highly recommended to specific genre fans.
- 2 stars – I recommend this book for very niche fans, but it is not personally my taste.
- 1 star – I do not recommend this book.
Reviews written at Read Well are 1) meant to inspire and encourage reading, and 2) limit spoilers.